Case Study - The SWOT Team
SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and (oh dear!) Threats.
To develop this analysis we worked together with the Medi-Bill owners, acting as facilitators and asking questions along the way.
- Raving Fans - good reputation
- Business Longevity
- Efficient Internal Systems
- Capacity for growth
- Loyal team
- Key personnel prime for management
- Client Retention is good
- Lack of Marketing and Sales
- Need for better performance and financial reporting systems
- Lacking Performance Standards and documented procedures
- Owner dependent
- No training or cross-training
- No management succession plan
- Outsourcing trend in profession
- Aging population - more medical services will be required
- Available market share
- Non-Medical market expansion
- Consolidation of Medical Groups
- Government regulation
- Managed Care
Given all the information we had gathered so far, the next step was to create an Action Plan for Medi-Bill.
So far, the process had taken about 10 hours.